I posted this message this week in my Confident Practitioners Formula facebook group, I think looking at how we create our reality and redesigning it is one of the most powerful things we can do, so I thought I would share it here. This process is adapted from Bob Proctors brilliant work.
We all get stuck in our own personal road block hell. The thing is, if you wait for it to clear it will not. Because this is your own personal paradigm – your world view that underlies your operating theories and methodology…
“Paradigms keep people operating at 40 miles an hour even though there is infinite horse power under the hood. We never get up to the speed we are capable of and…if we did, we’d astonish ourselves. When you understand paradigms it will become obvious that high achievers are not successful primarily because of what they know, but rather because of what they do. Their paradigms, one way or another, have been aligned with the results they desired. It’s their paradigms that are producing the results. When you focus on the paradigm, helping you to understand why you’re doing what you’re doing, everything will start to change. – Bob Proctor “
You want to tap into your unlimited potential. Build that business of your dreams. But it ain’t happening. You try a whole bunch of different things. But nothing is happening. You don’t know why things aren’t changing.
The truth is nothing will change till you change it. And while you may have worked on it a million ways the only way to actually break it is to take action. No magic bullet here. You have to have a dream. And you have to take action.
Here is a process that will work if you do it and take action.
Instead of saying I don’t know why I don’t do xyz. (what ever it is – thoughts, non action, over busy, doesn’t matter) write down exactly what happens. Here is a typical example :
“I say I will work on my business, I block off the time and then when I go to do it I start feeling anxious about the washing waiting to be done and the emails piling up so I go and do the laundry, and start on the emails, next thing I know I am on facebook looking at funny goat videos and I have to go to work and then I get mad at myself for not doing what I said I would do. I start thinking about how little there is in the bank account, how I don’t have any clients and then feel like everyone else in the world has what they want and I have been ripped off. Then I get really down and really don’t want to do anything at all. I hate my life.”
The important thing here is to be honest and write everything down – no one sees this but you….
Then highlight all the negatives, break each down individually and choose an action that you can do differently.
- I start feeling anxious about the washing waiting to be done INSTEAD I put time in my diary to do it after or I realise I can leave it till tomorrow .
- and the emails piling up INSTEAD I block off a time every day to do emails and that is all I can do.
- so I go and do the laundry, INSTEAD I wait till I scheduled it.
- and start on the emails, INSTEAD I wait till I scheduled it.
- I am on facebook looking at funny goat videos INSTEAD if I want to look at goat videos (they do distract me and make me laugh which is great) I use it as a reward after I have done 40 minutes of work. I put on the timer for 15 minutes so I don’t get caught up because they are so cute.
- i get mad at myself for not working on my business. INSTEAD I am really happy with myself as I will have done some work.
- I start thinking about how little there is in the bank account, INSTEAD I realistically look at whether I am doing all I can, if I need outside support, etc, etc and then take action on what needs to happen. If I know I am doing everything I can then I also remember that everything works out in the end and if it isn’t working out it isn’t the end.
- how I don’t have any clients INSTEAD I remind myself every moment I work on my business I am helping my perfct clients find me.
- and then feel like everyone else in the world has what they want and I have been ripped off. INSTEAD I remember that we all have sh*t happening at times, often way worse than what is actually happening to me – and then I spend a few moments being grateful for everything I have.
- Then I get really down INSTEAD I feel filled with love
- and really don’t want to do anything at all. INSTEAD I feel motivated
- I hate my life.” INSTEAD I love my life
Now have a look at that journey – you can see you cannot get to the end of this process, loving your life, unless you take each step along the way. You need to take each positive decision along the way, each little step and you get to that beautiful big picture.
So make each decison you take a great one and realise that each time you choose to align with that old paradigm of yours you are deviating from your dream, often quite substantially.
So take time to break down your personal hell, create your new paradigm and then live it.
PS if you are haing trouble breaking yours get in touch!
******** This was written with the intention of helping you to live your best life, if you want to know more about how I can help you Create The Life You Want To Live please get in touch! *******
Copyright 2018 Gay Landeta, Create The Life You Want To Live. All rights reserved.