Before you do anything about getting new clients make sure you have all these points covered, or at least underway. By having these in place you are well on the way to getting and, more importantly, keeping new clients.
1.Have a plan in place to create the business you want. Without planning we plan to fail. No need to have the traditional business plan (unless you need it for partners or bankers) you can have a Visionary Plan instead. Make sure you know where you are going and why, what your values are and how you think you will get there. Feel free to email me if you want some guidance on this firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Be persistent. I’ll bet Richard Branston doesn’t just give up when the going gets tough! Have some self care plans in place to keep you going on those bad days.
3. Know your target or niche market and who you serve best. Don’t be afraid to market to your perfect client, you will do your best work with them. And enjoy it the most.
4. Have excellent customer service. Think through issues and processes that your clients might come against and develop plans to support them through it. It is very easy to alienate clients by accident in this virtual driven world.
5. Have a mentor who can help you think through your work and will stretch you. Someone who has been there and done that is always good to call on.
6. Be open to new ideas and new ways of doing things. Do some personal work if you know you are someone who tends to be closed to new ways of doing things. Successful businesses move with the times.
7. Produce better outcomes than you offer. Under promise and over deliver.
8. Understand how your perfect clients find you and have marketing strategies in place so they can do just that. Monitor the results of what you are doing so you know what works and what doesn’t.
9. Be accountable to someone for your processes and results.
10. Know how to communicate in the way your clients can hear. This is not necessarily the way you do with your friends or colleagues.
To find out more about this tip email me at email@example.com
Copyright © 2013 Create the Life. All Rights Reserved. This article may not be used without the prior written consent from the author. See below for more details…
DO YOU WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this text copy in its entirety:
Attention All Service-Based Businesses… Are you marketing your business with Heart?
Get your FREE Marketing with Heart Guide now. If your passion is your business, then you need this comprehensive guide. Our fail-safe marketing strategies will help you to grow your business AND attract more clients without compromising your integrity. Learn the secrets to marketing your business with heart. Get your FREE guide & complimentary coaching session now, click here.