You are a student, a parent of a student or contemplating further study and you have concerns about learning. These may be about:
- The process of learning; including reading, writing, maths or higher thinking skills.
- The organisation of learning; planning, study or execution.
- The skills required to learn easily; listening, written and verbal communication, focus and concentration.
- The self esteem of learning; feeling positive about the possibility of learning and the confidence to take a risk.
You will release old programming about learning, develop confidence and improve the skills, including in focus and concentration, that you need to learn effectively.
The Learn Smart Program is based on the highly effective Brain Gym® program and, with the added benefits of kinesiology and coaching in learning styles and strategies, you will discover your own unique learning style, build your self esteem and become self-assured about the way you learn. You will gain tools to learn more easily and effectively in any situation regardless of your age.
This program is tailored to suit the individual and helps develop both analytical and global thinking styles, often talked of as right and left brain thinking. Each thinking style has its own relevance however to be a successful learner you need natural and easy access to both. Without it you tend to be either an over-stressed learner who tries too hard or you just give up when the going gets tough.
The Learn Smart program works with your body’s natural process of development to build the connections to improve the ability to learn. These connections are vital to easy learning, without them difficulties can emerge including visual or auditory processing difficulties, problems with short or long term memory, difficulties crossing the midline, struggle with coordination and spatial awareness or simply difficulty sitting still. These issues impact on reading, writing and developing the complex thinking skills required to succeed at study.
The Learn Smart Program consists of an initial assessment of 1 to 1½ hours where we discuss your needs, this is followed by 10 X 1 hour sessions that are held anything from weekly to six weekly, depending upon the circumstances. A program will take from 3 to 12 months to complete.
Each Learn Smart Program is individualised for maximum personal benefit and may include:
- identification of your unique learning style
- support in learning how to study more effectively
- developing self esteem and self confidence
- building motivation and the ability to self start
- addressing behavioural concerns, negative thought patterns or other limiting issues
- parent/child coaching or Family Skills Training
- working with primitive reflexes and sensory integration to resolve developmental delays
Homeplay (homework to be done in a fun way!) will usually be required. This will usually consist of about 5 minutes a day of simple movements. I often recommend vibrational essences to support the change process. These are supplied at a nominal fee. Sometimes, for families, homework is undertaken in the form of charts or programs, these help your family enjoy your time together more effectively.
The Learn Smart 10 session program will improve your ability to learn…
and once you have completed the initial program you can continue at the same low price. This means you can access support in challenging learning situations as and when you need it. Some clients, either those with high needs or those wanting a personal training style service often opt to continue these sessions on an ongoing basis.
If you think this program may be for you I would be happy to talk with you in a complimentary phone session. Just contact me by phone or email or fill in the simple form below letting me know what you are looking for or you can book online here.
Call me on 0418 795 135
Or fill in the form below: