Do you Facebook for your business?
Many people say you can’t have a business without it these day.
I think, if it fits into your marketing strategy and you know exactly why you are doing it, you can get good or even great results. However you do need to follow a few guidelines and many of the old ones are gone with the new Timeline.
I am absolutely no expert, my Facebook page, and social media in general, is still a big play space for me but I have read heaps and talked to some experts about these recent changes.
Here are a few gems to work with:
1. Your Facebook timeline fan page is now a story about you and your business. Make sure the story you are telling offers an accurate picture as well as doing the job you want it to. Do that by using the milestones feature and hiding the stories that are not relevant.
2. Make sure the picture at the top of the page demonstrates your work visually in some-way.
3. Review how your page looks to visitors often and make sure it is interesting.
4. Listen to how you sound in your posts. Are you portraying your business effectively? Be careful about complaining or writing too many posts that are the same. It gets boring for your likers.
5. Don’t put in too many stories at one time, you want your likers to be interested in what you say, not overwhelmed.
6. You can use social media sharing tools like Hoot Suite to post items at regular intervals, even to multiple SM accounts.
7. Back link to your services when relevant, no more than once every three or four posts though unless your page is only for the final stage of your marketing strategy, ie an invitation to buy.
8. You can still use apps to offer incentives to like even though you can’t have a landing page anymore. In fact there are heaps of apps for many purposes, think about which ones might be useful for your page.
9. Remember that Facebook is very much about building community so share and encourage sharing!
And if you find you are having trouble with your marketing strategy I do offer a free session where we can talk about what you are doing. I love seeing my clients get really clear about their business, their marketing strategy, know exactly what to do and build a reliable successful business.
Call me for more info on 0418 795 135. Or book in for a free strategy session by calling my assistant, Korryn on 07 3102 5831.
All the best!
Copyright © 2012 Create the Life. All Rights Reserved. This article may not be used without the prior written consent from the author. See below for more details…
DO YOU WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this text copy in its entirety:
Attention All Service-Based Businesses… Are you marketing your business with Heart?
Get your FREE Marketing with Heart Guide now. If your passion is your business, then you need this comprehensive guide. Our fail-safe marketing strategies will help you to grow your business AND attract more clients without compromising your integrity. Learn the secrets to marketing your business with heart. Get your FREE guide & complimentary coaching session now, click here.